Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Common Problems When Learning Electronics? Ideal Solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingwill829

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys,

I'm an electronics enthusiast, and I'm thinking of starting an electronics blog where I can share content that people learning about electronics will find useful. I find that a lot of the educational electronics resources I come across offer good tutorials, but don't go into enough detail into how and why something works the way it does. I'm hoping people can share some of the other common problems they encountered when learning electronics and the sort of 'learning resources / online content' they wish had been available to them at the time.

It would be great if this starts a lively discussion with people sharing common problems and ideal solutions, as well as their favourite online tools and resources, and everyone involved being able to discover something new of use.

I have found that when teaching non-technical types using Items of plumbing and car mechanics helps.
Diodes function like "Check Valves" and tubes/transistors are like "Valves". Tubes are often referred to as valves in schematics in Europe. The biasing is the controller of the valve. Resistors are like pipes in a manner of speaking, a high resistance is a long small diameter pipe. Fuses are over pressure pop off safety valves.
I have taught people who could not change a light bulb basic electronics. Once they get the basic idea then if the situation requires more understanding then we go into "N" and "P" materials and "Barrier" regions discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back