Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help in Crystal LTSpice Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

exhalt

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Transmitter_Crystal.jpg

I need to attach a 433.92MHz crystal at the part where it is circled by red. I am using LTSpice.

I would need some help in this. Any values that i need to insert for the model? Or is there any spice model that i can use for this?

hi,
Use Key 'F2' to show the symbols, then select 'Misc' you should find the xtal symbol there.

Look at these 3 images, you have to select the values for the xtal to suit the frequency of the xtal, its a bit tricky.

You could use a Voltage source, set for SINE as quick substitute for an xtal.
E

Attachments

• AAesp02.gif
    AAesp02.gif
    11.9 KB · Views: 832
  • AAesp03.gif
    AAesp03.gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 500
  • AAesp04.gif
    AAesp04.gif
    58.1 KB · Views: 482

How am I supposed to choose the values or pick any crystal model based on the frequency that I want? Any help on that too?

Can I use the values that you have shown me?

I will try later but i still hope that i can get help from here too. Or even better is there any way I can design a transmitter circuit that transmits at 145MHz?

I will try later but i still hope that i can get help from here too. Or even better is there any way I can design a transmitter circuit that transmits at 145MHz?

These ready built modules could be an option.

Attachments

• srbmx145h.pdf
    757.2 KB · Views: 286

Thank you but I am supposed to design it using transistor not ready made modules.

According to the thread title you are asking for a crystal model, but:

- you won't find a crystal for the 430 MHz band, SAW resonators are exclusively used in this frequency range

- some SAW resonators are two-port devices which need a basically different oscillator circuit

- presumed you have a resonator that can work in the common-base colpitts circuit, you need to correct the bias

- what's the intended output load. Are you sure that the oscillator will still work with the load connected?

I am supposed to design a transmitter circuit to transmit a signal at 145MHz. I am not sure how to go about this. Any guidance from anyone here?

O.K., I was wrongly assuming 430 MHz. 145 MHz crystals may be available.

Basically a crystal connected between ground and base makes a colpitts crystal oscillator. But biasing the base with an AC voltage is incorrect. It must be feed by a DC voltage which can be superimposed by modulating AC.

Today are available overtone quartz crystals with frequencies up to 300 MHz.

https://www.golledge.com/docs/products/xtl_ld/xtl_ld.htm

Beware that overtone oscillators needs a special schematic topology to make them work properly. Your Colpitts oscillator may work on the fundamental of the crystal, but not on the overtone frequency.
Search the net for some examples for overtone crystal oscillators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back