Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to connect many microcontrollers in the same project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnitaP

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help for controlling a robot using a webpage

Hello,
I am building a landmine detective robot with my group for our third year project. My part in the project consists of building a web page in order to display the live streaming from the cameras and to control the robot. I have already built the web page using HTML, CSS and JavaScript. Also I'm responsible for the communication of the project. We are not allowed to use the existing wifi network of the area since the robot is designed to work in war-zone areas where there is no internet signal. I have chosen to use a wifi usb that I have found from Edimax. I am using Raspberry Pi for the live streaming but the rest of the group members are using different microcontrollers for landmine detection and for building the robot. My question is how do I transmit the data back to the web page using the wifi usb? And anyone who has more expertise with the topic please explain the steps that I need to do.

Thank you!

Hello,

My group project consists of several parts.
We are building a hexapod robot that detects landmines and we program live streaming on it. For the live streaming the Raspberry Pi is used and for the hexapod robot and the metal detections the Tiva LaunchPad, Mbed and Basic atom are used.
The hexapod robot needs to be controlled from a web page. A Wi-Fi USB will be connected on the Raspberry Pi to transmit data back to the web page. I am building the web page with HTML, CSS and JavaScript.
I will probably use Apache as a web server and execute Python (for Raspberry Pi) using WSGI (even though I'm not quite sure how to do any of these).
Now, my question is how do we execute the rest of the coding from the rest of the microcontrollers? Should we connect the microcontrolers using SPI and then transmit the data only from the Raspberry Pi? But if we do so, how can we translate the code, since it is written in different languages.
If you have had any experience with similar projects please help.

Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back