Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Cadence simulation P1dB vs. frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Dutchman

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

For my design in Cadence I would like to simulate linearity over frequency. So far I had no succes. I'm using the ADEXL environment.
I can successfully simulate the P1dB at a single frequency using a PSS analysis where I sweep my prf input power using a single input frequency & auto calculated beat frequency. However when I try to also sweep the frequency, using frequency variable "frf" of the PORT source in the PSS-analysis section or in the parameters I get weird results, I'm not sure how I should simulate P1dB over frequency. I've also tried to put the "frf" as beat frequency.

I think if I can understand how to simulate P1dB over frequency I will also be able to perform the 2-tone tests.
Does anyone know?

Thanks!

Hi,

Try to use HB instead of PSS analysis, there is no problems with adding some sweeps (freq and input power) directly in analysis setup.

I managed to get it working using the hb simulation, and also using the pss simulation. Putting frf in the beat frequency was the right approach and put prf as sweep variable 1 and frf as sweep variable 2.
However I think harmonic balance hb simulation is better because it generates multiple jobs that can be run in parallel and is thus faster. Thanks!

PSS can also do the same thing and its precison/convergence is sometimes higher than HB.
All you should do is to write a OCEAN script. This will make them all..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back