Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help required for a solar power/battery set up to power led lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbier

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all, as a newbie I have a question for you all - I am trying to make a set up where two small solar panels charge ab samsung galaxy battery each during daylight hours, to then power a set of led lights during the night, with an automatic switch. I have considered simply buying one of those garden lights, rip out the internals and replace the light connections with the led light set up and the power supply with the galaxy batteries. I fear however that the power going through would burn out the parts quickly...Has anyone here done something similar or can advise on where to source parts and how to wire them up? I did say I was a newbie...but am excited to learn :)

Most solar garden lights use a single 1.2V battery cell. Its voltage is stepped up by the circuit so it can light a single 3.2V white or multi-colored LED. They would light a set of LEDs dimly because the output current is small. Nothing will burn out.
The batteries you will use might or might not supply enough voltage.

Some garden lights use the solar panel to turn the LED on and off but others use a cadmium sulfide photo-resistor.

If we design the circuit for you then you will not learn how to design. Design something simpler.

I have built exactly what you are talking about. My system was fully automatic, charged the battery by day and turned on the Led's at night.
Please tell me how many and what color of Led's you want to turn on at night.

solar panels don't work well at night...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back