Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect LDR sensor to 89C51 microcontrollers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jith

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am Searching for the various ways plus circuit diagram for connecting the LDR Sensors to the 89C51 µC I/O ports!

I need the Sensor to give my controller a +5V Signal when its enabled and 0V Signal When its disabled! thats it, a simple one....but i need the "How to go about " and "How to do it" information! Thanks in advance!

ldr comparator

You need analog ic.Beacuse LDR works analog.Any opamp solve your problem.Sample LM358.

ldr sensor diagram

hi
fuzzy are wright u can use comparator and adjustable resistor with LDR
and interface it to UC

light dependent resistor circuit

Salam,

U can just use a switching transistor (5V-0V) with a potontiometer to determine the light intensity.

Hope i've helped u

ldr,lm324 interfacing

If you want to measure the intensity of light falling on LDR, you need A/D. But there is another (Low res. slow) way if your controller has PWM and comparator. check out :

**broken link removed**

You can also use software PWM and external comparator if your controller does not have them.

lm324 sensor logic

you can use a comparator LM324 or LDR series with resistor o/p to ADC then interface it with 8051

remember that for LM324 LOGIC HIGH is 3.5 if Vcc=5

lm324n sensor

hi.. friends,

i think all all are beating into the bush....

the real answer is.. --> use the Atmel's 89c2051 microcontroller... it has the two pins that gives the comparator facility... ok. the two pins are .. mostly the p1.0 and p1.1 .. so enjoy.. use google for "89c2051 projects" and u will find the related program also.. with schemetic...

if you get everything above.. send me a message of thanks.. dear..

ronydc.

interfacing ldr sensor to microcontroller

Hi Rony,

Just to kill my curiosity.
Why did you went so deep in the past digging up ?
You just replied to a post from 08 May 2005 3:33.

I don't say that you're not right, but don't you think jith has already solved the problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.