Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Choke Operation: Unable to track energy flow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferdem

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends, I'm confused about operation of an RF amplifier(MMIC or single transistor) biased through an RF choke.
I know the two basic functions of the RF chokes. An appropriately chosen RF choke helps DC biasing by filtering the supply and it also prevents the RF signal from leaking into the supply which causes reduction in the gain. It is necessary, no doubt.
A typical amplifier biasing with an RFC:
**broken link removed**

However, I can not track the energy flow from a DC source to AC output which are (ideally) isolated by the choke at the operating frequency.
In other words, the amplifier continuously sources AC current to the load(say 50 ohm) while it sinks DC current only. There should be some reservoir(capacitor) somehwere in the system for this transition? Could you tell me the energy flow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back