Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use Pi number in component parameter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chr's

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
My quesiton is about the pi number. Can i use it as parameter to define a component value ?

For instance, n a 1st order low pass filter
I've an ideal capacitor, where is value is defined by resistor and frequency values (give in CDF of the top cell) and the pi number.
The capacitor value is defined by: 1/(2*3.1416*pPar("r")*pPar("frequency")) F
But i beleive that i'm getting some simulation error due to non exact value of pi number, here defined equal to 3.1416.
I'would like to know if I can use a value with more accuracy whitout put in by hand like: 3,141592653589793

I tried to use pi, PI, pi() and PI() but nothing work.

Any Idea ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Things to try:

* Put the word 'Pi' in a cell by itself. Then command its value to be displayed somehow. Watch what value it is given.

* For the value of Pi, use 3 with no decimal point. See if it is accepted.

* Split up your long calculation among several cells. This can help you track down the error.

... if I can use a value with more accuracy whitout put in by hand like: 3,141592653589793

Sometimes I use an inverse trigonometric function like π = 2*arcsin 1 = 2*arccos 0 = 4*arctan 1

(in the Wiki, scroll down to Special values in trigonometric functions).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back