Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is Opto-Electronics ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

shroff_rushi

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
A field of technology that combines the physics of light with electricity. Optoelectronics encompasses the study, design and manufacture of hardware devices that convert electrical signals into photon signals and vice versa. Any device that operates as an electrical-to-optical or optical-to-electrical transducer is considered an optoelectronic device.

Here I want to know what exactly is photon signal? What is meant by electrical signal ??

Light is made of photons. A photon signal is flashing a light on and off or modulating it. You can use an infrared beam like used in a remote control instead of visible light. I guess invisible ultra-violet is also made of photons but I have never "seen" an ultra-violet signalling system.
An electrical signal is, um, electrical. It can be turned on and off or can be modulated. Your TV and computer are full of electrical signals.

I guess invisible ultra-violet is also made of photons
Hi all
Certainly !
As far as i know every kind of light deals with photons !

What is Opto-Electronics ??
You could search this question in google ! have you try it before ? do it , then you'll get lots of articles !

Best Wishes
Goldsmith

think about it as : lasers , LEDs , PLASMA , optosensors , fiber optic.....

everything that emits or absorbs light and is electrically related

Status
Not open for further replies.