Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] USB READ and I2C EEPROM WRITE on 18F67J50

Status
Not open for further replies.

bimbla

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I intend to use the PIC 18F67J50 in my project with the CDC class libraries to interface the native USB to a PC using PC USB port.

I have an I2C EEPROM connected to the uC.

Is it possible to update the contents of the EEPROM from the PC and avoid using a USB I2C bridge like MCP2221?

Kindly let me know if you need any further details.

Thanks in advance!

bimbla

the PIC 18F67J50 supports USB device functionality, i.e. it can act as a device such as a mouse, HID device, memory, etc to a host PC using Microchip's MLA
**broken link removed**

thus it would be possible for the PC to communicate with the PIC18 sending/reading information to/from the EEPROM etc

no need for the MCP2221 (I have never used a MCP2221 but it could probably do the same thing - no need for the PIC18 in that case)

Reactions: bimbla

bimbla

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank-you for your early reply. I need to be able to update the EEPROM from PC. Your reply helps me a lot.
I can now go ahead only with the PIC and not include the MCP2221, as a playground, in the worst case.

Thanks again!!

the PIC 18F67J50 supports USB device functionality, i.e. it can act as a device such as a mouse, HID device, memory, etc to a host PC using Microchip's MLA
**broken link removed**

thus it would be possible for the PC to communicate with the PIC18 sending/reading information to/from the EEPROM etc

no need for the MCP2221 (I have never used a MCP2221 but it could probably do the same thing - no need for the PIC18 in that case)

Status
Not open for further replies.