Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[AVR] Please Help Me with LED sign board C Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

codename25

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI,
I'm stuck with my 10X100 Led sign board. I have the circuit diagram of the same but don't know how to deal with the C program for shift registers. The code for scanning of the rows are managable for me. But I don't know how to sent the display data to the shift register and how to give a clock to the same. Anybody please help me out. Please help me with Codes for similar circuits. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the schematic diagram of my 10X100 led sign board

help with shift registers

Hi,
I'm planning to build a 10X100 Led sign board. I'm planning to use ATmega16 with 74HC595 shift registers. For the circuit, it is ok for me. But i'm stuck in programming, i don't know how to send the binary data (Ob00000001) serially bit by bit to the shift register data pin. Whether ShiftOut() works for me or should i use any other technique. Thanks in Advance.

3306792800_1422971435.png

Re: help with shift registers

You could store the binary information in an boolean array. Then write a loop to go through the array and write out the information.

start by pulling the RCLK pin low, then:

Pull the SRCLK pin low -> Toggle the SER pin depending on if you want that particular light on or off -> power the SRCLK pin high -> repeat for entire array

Write the RCLK pin high to release the data.

You'll have to go through the array backwards to correctly load the registers.

Help Me Doubts in Led Matrix C program

Hi,
I'm trying to built an 10X100 led matrix using Atmega16and 74HC595. Now, I just made a 5X5 matrix to test the codes. I have a code to display letters on display and I have doubts on it. My code works like, it sends binary logic data bit by bit to the shift register and selecting the appropriate row to display the character. Now, it works fine in my 5X5. But my doubt is when I'm implementing this in my 10X100 (there would be 50-70 characters to be displayed with scrolling effect) should I feed all the 1/10th of all the 50-70 characters to the shift register and select the entire row to display the 1/10th of all characters and likewise selecting the rows very fast making all the 50-70 charecters to display at onece? If so how should be the scrolling done? Please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.