Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sensors that detects objects

Status
Not open for further replies.

seyyah

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
You know that there are automated lights or doors that operates when an object comes in their sense area. I want to activate some kind of mechanism similar to these using some kind of sensor like used in them. What can you offer me which is reliable and easy to use. It must sense almost all objects not only human etc.

You can use standard security PIR detector. As security devices they are readily available, reliable and not expensive ..

PIR or Passive IR is used for detecting chang in IR energy which normally are living things i.e. human or animal. But if you want to detect some other thing that not radiate IR energy you have to use Active IR which is compose of IR sender and receiver like the one used in TV remote controll.

You can use SONAR for this purpose as well.

Can you suggest me any passive IR or active IR part number or product brand ?

if the appratus doen't work in theroitical black environmental. light may be affected by any size and any object. so light sensor may be a solution.
anyway , you can look up
www.omron.com

You should classify the objects since there is no panacea. For detecting human pyroelectric sensor is used, for stairs and stones ultrosonic/IR can be used,etc. for starts contact swich also can be used and it is cheap. So you must study what is the environment of the robot. It can not detect objects of all kind.

I suggest you using Video Motion Sensor some what like used at CCTV security system. It is realiable than other system.

seyyah said:
You know that there are automated lights or doors that operates when an object comes in their sense area. I want to activate some kind of mechanism similar to these using some kind of sensor like used in them. What can you offer me which is reliable and easy to use. It must sense almost all objects not only human etc.
Althoug a Passive Infrared Sensor can do the job, the right choice of a sensor is always a very delicate subject.
Depending on the type of object you want to detect, it is very probable that a PIR won't work. Ithink that for your particular application the most generalpurpuose sensor is an ifra-red barrier: that is, an IR transmitter and a receiver,installed at each side of the "road" where your objects are passing. Whenever any object intercepts the beam, an internal relay is activated.

There are also some versions with the transmitter and the receiver integrated on a single device, then you use a reflective (mirror) device on the other side, thus simplifiing a lot the instalation (less cabling etc.).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Nahuel

Barrier is not practical. Do transceiver modules have enough range?

Based on objects, their sizes and materials you can use capsitive , ir radar , pir, sonar, inductive ... But you did not specify what objects are ???? Without that it is not feasible to give any advice ....

Range is 100-150cm. Objects are basically human. But the other objects would be better like metals, wood, plastic all kinds of materials used in daily life. But only people may suffice if the other choice is difficult.

seyyah said:
Range is 100-150cm. Objects are basically human. But the other objects would be better like metals, wood, plastic all kinds of materials used in daily life. But only people may suffice if the other choice is difficult.

OK

As it is not so easy to find ultrasonic pair in turkey , you can try to make ir radar based ir led and photodiode . It will suffice to complete this project . but special attention must be taken such as :

- You should modulate your ir led signal with predefined frequency and then use filter on receiving to detect modulated signal - that will help you avoid environmental infrared noise false detection
- You should implement IR photodiode current stabilization by DC to have it always on the working level - to avoid saturation due to environmental ir radiation .

The solution drawback is due to environmental ir radiation - photodiode transitional characteristics will vary - but 'how far' is the subject to investigation .

i made such detector very long time ago - so you can try

Have you ruled out ultrasonic? You can easily find SRF-08 sensors with an I2C interface that detect objects up to 6m.

you can use pir sensor, ultrasonic, or capacitive..

The simple way is using an infrared emiter and an infrared receive (like a photodiode or phototransitor).

please help me about Radar sensor

hi to all
who have a circuit easy to build sonic radar
wana for my project (robotic)
i need my robot detect motion object about them.firest i use a IR sensor,but it not work correctly because when robot go outside home and under direct sunlight it mistake

i am looking a device that mostly seen on the lifts door that open when a person entering in the lift

infrared is installed in a kiosk. when someone is infront of the infrared beam the software should detect the beam interruption, it should detect that someone is infront of the kiosk and raise an event...and i want to control this device from Visual Basic is this possible

waiting for the reply

thank u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back