Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power led recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plecto

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi. I've previously made a custom lighting system in my basement consisting of 6 power led modules connected to a control box further controlled by a remote control. These LED modules consist of cheap 3W star leds from ebay (cheapest I could find), but I'm now looking to replace these LED's with something brighter, more efficient, with a higher color temperature and with a higher CRI. I can only assume that the cheap ebay-leds I'm using now are pretty crap, but what should I actually buy to get what I want? I'm looking at some power leds on mouser, but I truly don't know what to buy here :( How big of a difference is there between cheap ebay-leds and quality leds when it comes to CRI and efficiency? Can I expect a big difference?

How High can you do hand waving descriptions :roll: without a requirement or a comparison spec?
2239031400_1422321293.jpeg

4874108000_1422321295.jpg

This is one example of an 6x3 array of XL Cree LEDS on ALum-clad PCB powered by one of my surplus wall transformers 20Vdc which matches the voltage required for a string of 6 with 3 strings in parallel or 6S3P array.

5290111700_1422321815.jpg
( dark image in closet ) Note none of the active or resistors are in this circuit application. They are bypassed and designed for 24V use.

My answer is also vague, implied to encourage you need to learn how use measureable specs such as Watts, Lumens, CT = xxxx'K, CRI % or x,y colour range. Volts and Amps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back