Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dead time interval in modified sine wave inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

--BawA--

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone
I just wanted to know the time duration of the dead time in modified sine wave of 50Hz ?

The dead-band depends on rise-time and fall-time of your switch.

Modified sinewave refers to a particular waveform. Sort of a block-ish sinewave. I had an inverter that produced this shape.

Two cycles take 40 msec. Output goes to 0V for 5 mSec at a time.

9546670500_1422164856.png

ok. in this way the interval when the output is zero depends on your reference voltage and amplitude of your DC link.

thanks everyone for your replies ,
one more thing to ask , is sg3525 ic capable of generating this waveform posted by bradtherad?

The waveforms can be generated by a pulse generator, flip-flop, and logic gates.

The final outputs 1 & 2 are alternating 25% duty cycle. They are suitable to control an H-bridge.

Bradtherad , u didn't answer my question in post #5

Sorry, I have no direct experience with control IC's such as the sg3525.

Here is a webpage which speaks of it having a built-in oscillator, range 100 Hz to 550 kHz.

**broken link removed**

I believe you can take alternating states from two output pins.

FvM said:
If you manage to setup the error amplifier for a fixed duty cycle...
but the dutycycle will vary as a function of output voltage.

Why? The PWM controller can be either used with feedback to regulate a voltage or with fixed duty cycle but not both at the same time.

Thanks FvM , i got it ...
I'll try to implement it on hardware within a couple of days..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back