Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to monitor the design status while performing Partial Reconfiguration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdarvishi

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,

I designed and implemented an 8-bit microprocessor including ALU, Program Counter, Accumulator, Memory, Instruction Register and MUX modules. I partially reconfigured ALU and Program counter. My concern is that the implemented design must be on-the fly (must not STOP) while one module is partially reconfigured. Can anybody tell me is there any tool to monitor the hardware status real-time while the partial reconfiguration is done? Does the ChipScope is helpful and how?

Also, I am using the Xilinx Gensys board containing Virtex-5 FPGA (XC5VLLX50T).
I use ISE 14.7 for implementation and VVHDL coding and PlanAhead 14.7 for implementation of Partial Reconfiguration.
The bitfiles are also created with planahead. I want to know how can I monitor the status of my design in real-time while one module is partial reconfigured.
Bottom line, I am programming FPGA with Digilent software namely Digilent Adept Software or impact tool in ISE.

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back