Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]: cleaning pcb boards with petrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

raman00084

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
it is safe to clean pcb boards with petrol?

regards
kalyan

Re: cleaning pcb boards with petrol

I think better this sequence: water, soap, isopropyl alcohol, air

My company uses 90% Isopropyl alcohol and acrylic lacquer thinner.

Why bother cleaning the boards at all? It is only for cosmetic effect, it does not make any difference to the reliability of the boards in the long term. In fact you could argue that boards that have not been cleaned are more reliable due to the fact that the components on the board have not been subject to what ever solvents you have used. Fluxes used should be PH neutral and should not promote fungus growth. You can get fluxes that leave no visible residue.
One of the main problem I would imagine with cleaning boards with petrol is that it would leave a smell that would take a very long time to go (if ever)

There is no such thing as a no clean board, for ultimate reliability you have to clean your boards....
As to using petrol.... IPA or an aqueous based cleaner is best.

More info, there is a lot out there.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back