Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which PIC compiler IAR or hitech?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had use ht-tech for quite sometime and have yet to find any problem with it except some little inconvenient during debugging with MPLAB. One big advantage for me is that it can be used with S@lvo RTOS freeware library. I'm not sure if other PIC compiler are supported with S@lvo.

In my job, I use IAR for 8051 compatible controllers. We made some tests with few competitors and found that IAR produces the most compact code for this controller group, but you have to know how to suit the compiler for your applications -- cstartup etc.
For my diploma thesis I used a PIC. Here I used the Hitech compiler. I appreciated it in combination with MPLAB IDE.
I can't say which compiler is better, I only can say that both compilers are very good. If you want to cover different controller brands you can use IAR having the same environment for different controllers, but in most cases the price of the compiler is decisive.
regards
MP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back