Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difficulty getting an arduino clone to work on my mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonadgranny

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there. I have purchased an arduino uno clone from ebay and have been unable to get it to work on my mac. I have tried many different options within the arduino environment but none seem to communicate with it.the board has an Amtel Mega328p-au 1434 chip which is a lot smaller than the one on my official arduino uno. Has anyone had any experience with these boards? I'm wondering if there might be a driver which needs to be installed or something. Thanks.

Check the USB-UART ic which is present in arduino uno clone board.
You have to install drivers for that, then it will work.
Check if it is from CH341 or FTD

If it is from CH341 family then use this link to download drivers for windows, mac and linux
**broken link removed**

and if it is FTD based ic then you can download from FTD website easily

Cheers mate! Downloaded the drivers from **broken link removed** ,restarted my computer and its working!

Yes i was talking about those drivers.
:)
Have fun now.

Thanks! I don't suppose anyone could provide a short explanation on the difference between the standard arduino uno mega328p-pu chip and the one i have just got working(mega328p au)? ive had a look around the web but can't seem to find anything which helps me. the standard one is so much larger!
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.