Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Port refinement, process hf3d error in HFSS 15 when I need to define lumped port

Status
Not open for further replies.

kannangk1990

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I am new to HFSS and I am designing Stepped Impedance Resonator(SIR) in HFSS 15. I have followed a tutorial pdf from Internet(only to know the design steps which does not have the steps to design SIR ) to complete the design in HFSS but during the simulation I am getting the error as

[error] Port refinement, process hf3d error: Too few conductors were found on port 1. There should be one conductor for each terminal, with one additional reference conductor. Unintentional contact between conductors may cause this error..
[error] Simulation completed with execution error on server: Local Machine.

I have taken the solution type as "Driven Terminal" since in the tutorial it is given as such.
I have defined the lumped port since I need to define L and C values also in the port.

I have attached the image of my design.

I have chosen the conductor as copper and dielectric as FR4. I have defined the ground also in Copper and I have made a hole in substrate directly below the part where I need to define the source to connect it to the conductor. since I need to define the source between Ground and conductor I have made this arrangement.

I need to know what I should do to rectify this error?

Thanks. SIR_forum.JPG

I'm still fairly new to HFSS but I did have this problem before. Mine was with a microstrip line and if I remember correctly the wave port did not extend fully and touch both conductors.

Reactions: bektur

bektur

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back