Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

radiation pattern plotting after measurement

Status
Not open for further replies.

aniakhan

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to study measured radiation pattern

hi, i have got a 2 Dimensional gain versus theta graph after measurements from anechoic chamber,as facility was not in my school so i dont know about it more but other school gave me figure of 2d graph and a data sheet that inchludes 6 column ,1 columns is theta varied from -180 to 180 but other 5 columns shows what i don't know but i think these columns are Etheta,phase ,E phi ,pHASE but question is that how can i plot that gain curve from this data,i have no idea what form of data is obtained from anechoic chamber as its my first time with measurements .please if anyone can share picture of his/her data from chmaber then i can get idea,thanks

Re: how to study measured radiation pattern

thanks hva,
but i have got measured results of my antenna in ancheoic chamber and that results have an excel file which have 6 columns but i don't understand whats that column means.i have attached the figure here
dd.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

now i want to ask how can i use this data to plot theta versus gain curve which is obtained after anechoic cahmber testing? i was given a jpg format of that result and this data file,how can i plot gain curve using this data?

how to plot radiation pattern measured

hi,i have got measured results of my antenna in ancheoic chamber and that results have an excel file which have 6 columns but i don't understand whats that column means.i have attached the figure here
dd.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

now i want to ask how can i use this data to plot theta versus gain curve which is obtained after anechoic cahmber testing? i was given a jpg format of that result and this data file,how can i plot gain curve using this data?dd.jpg

Re: how to plot radiation pattern measured

Hi there

this is the second time you have posted the same topic

The reason that you didn't get any answers after the first time is probably that you didn't supply enough background information

Question to you ....
how do we know what the second or third or fourth etc columns are ?
you are the one that did the plotting in the chamber ... its your data, you should know how you plotted/logged the data

Once you tell us the answer to that, maybe some one may be able to help you :)

cheers
Dave

Re: how to plot radiation pattern measured

daven,
actually i have not performed it myself ,ancheoic chmber in my lab is out of order so i take help from other school but according to their policy they dont allow me to do this but gave me this data and a figure of theta versus gain curve. i am also not told about data.at this point what i can guess from data is next columns are E theta(amplitude),phase ,E phi AMPLITUDE,PHASE,I AM NOT sure about it,i think they have rotate antenna from left to right -180 to 180, i just want to ask normally data obtained by anechoic chamber resembles with this figure that i have attached as i have never studied anechoic chamber data first? if you or any one has such data plz share its picture with first 2 rows
thanks

hi,
i have asked this question before in this forum but get no reply,may be i was not precise in my question
i have got measured result of radiation pattern from anechoic chamber,this result contains columns of angle(theta) vaired from -180 to 180,and other column is Etheta (amplitude).now i want to plot radiation pattern from these two columns ,how can i do this,?as figure given to me after test is theta v/s gain ,now i want to get same but if i plot theta v/s Etheta(using provided data) then its different from figure of results,
can some one tell me what type of data is obtained from anechoic chamber for radiation pattern?

thanks fvm,
i want to draw linear plot (db vs angle)

i have asked this question before in this forum but get no reply

Nobody answers because nobody knows what your colleagues have measured, in which order.
Why don't you ask the people who did the measurements?

For clarification, I merged the other same topic threads.
Nobody answers because nobody knows what your colleagues have measured, in which order.
Why don't you ask the people who did the measurements?
I agree. Reviewing the previous posts, the question sounds really confused.

well i have asked them but got no answers from them, in a clear way what i understand is that i have values of Etheta ,Ephi with theta carrying from -180 to 180.now i want to re plot gain versus theta curve using these given values,my question is that is there any formula to calculate gain(db) from Etheta? one thing that i want to mention that when i tried to plot values of Etheta versus theta(given) then graph that i got was different from graph i got as jpg fig with these data files,it means i need to calculate gain from Etheta etc? i am sorry for such confused question but i have very few info about it.

my question is that is there any formula to calculate gain(db) from Etheta?

It is specific to the chamber where you measured and the measurement setup. You need a reference value for a known reference antenna. Again: you need to speak with the people who did the measurement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back