Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery Monitorng Algorithm-battery voltage,battery current and temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna james

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Please anyone know the Battery monitoring algorithm using battery voltage,battery current and temperature.............

which type of battery you are using NImh or Lithium Iron ?for LiOn many ic for monitoring voltage ,low voltage of battery,battery charge current,temperature search on ti website.for read data from such IC simple spi or I2C protocol need to use.

I am not planning to use any IC for battery monitoring.I am planning to implement the battery fuel gauge algorithm taking battery voltage,battery current and battery temperature as input.I have searched a lot and i dont find any algorithms combining the three....Please provide a effective solution pls.............

which type of battery you are using?

Battery management is bit complex thing.It depends on many parameters like SOC,charging current,self discharging of battery,full charged battery and safety factors are there like over charge voltage protection,over current protection.

for measuring the battery voltage you can connect the battery to the ADC if your battery voltage under your ADC sensing voltage range,for measuring current you can use R sense resistor and check the current ,and for measuring the temperature you can use thermistors but all this not reliable.

Fule gauge Ic gives better results.

https://www.edn.com/design/power-management/4363929/Designing-battery-management-systems
https://pdfserv.maximintegrated.com/en/an/AN3958.pdf
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back