Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About timing precision of sdf file when simulation in ncsim

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamyuchenjie

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, every one.

I find my ncsim can only simualte the sdf file in precision of 10ps (round to 10ps)
For exampe,This is a simple BUF sdf information:

Code Verilog - [expand]
(CELL
  (CELLTYPE "BUFCLKHD30X")
  (INSTANCE U10)
  (DELAY
    (ABSOLUTE
    (IOPATH A Z (0.263:0.266:0.266) (0.257:0.259:0.259))
    )
  )
)

But when I observe the timing sequence in simvision window. I found the simulator will round it to 270ps for example in when Z transfering from 0 to 1.
In my sdf file the Timescale (unit) is 1 ns. And in my testbench is 1ns/1ps. And according the tools documentation from cadence, the default timing precision of sdf elaberating/compiling is 1fs. I think that means we do not need to set any precision relating compiler option (like sdf_precision 1ps)in ma case. (BTW, I have tried such complier option, but still not wokr for my precision).

Anyone can teach me how can I watch/oberseve a delay of 266ps from my simulation window! Mnay thanks.!
My ncsim version is IES 2012, I thnik it was "latest" enough.

Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back