Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to implement pen drive to pen drive data transfer device using 8051 µcontroller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

as67735

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
About 8051 microcontroller

Can we connect or provide interfacing between 8051 microcontroller and DMA controller? If yes then how? Please provide full information about it?

Re: About 8051 microcontroller

Is it possible to connect or provide interfacing between 8051 microcontroller and DMA controller? I want to know this because I want to implement it in my project to provide fast data rate. My project field is embedded systems. My project is "Pen Drive to Pen Drive Data transfer with the help of 8051 microcontroller without using Computer or Laptop" so I want to use DMA controller to provide faster data rate. Is it possible?

How to Interface DMA Controller with 8051 Microcontroller?

Is it possible to connect or provide interfacing between 8051 microcontroller and DMA controller? I want to know this because I want to implement it in my project to provide fast data rate. My project field is embedded systems. My project is "Pen Drive to Pen Drive Data transfer with the help of 8051 microcontroller without using Computer or Laptop" so I want to use DMA controller to provide faster data rate. Is it possible?

Re: How to Interface DMA Controller with 8051 Microcontroller?

The 8051 is not designed for DMA. In order to do DMA, the processor needs to disconnect from the bus, and the 8051 is ALWAYS connected to the bus. I suppose you could add some external hardware to implement DMA, but that just sounds too messy. Why did you pick a processor that can't do what you want it to do? My advice would be to either select a processor that allows DMA, or don't do DMA.

Re: How to Interface DMA Controller with 8051 Microcontroller?

I think the OP wants to build a USB-to-USB pen drive cloner, which could be theoretically controlled by an 8051. What would have to be designed in this case is a specialized DMA controller chip, which deals with both the interface to the USB PHY chips and allows the 8051 access to the USB PHY chips and the DMA engine. The actual DMA transfer would be handled in hardware by the DMA controller (FPGA?).

This would work but is probably more than a software oriented embedded microcontroller engineering student will be capable of handling. I'm basing this on the fact that you have to ask if this is possible in the first place.

I want to implement a PD to PD(pen drive to pen drive) data transfer device using 8051 micro controller with LCD to see data of pen drive and including safety feature so that data could not be corrupted.

By pen drive, if you mean a USB drive, you will need a microcontroller way more powerful. An 8051 won't be able to handle the complexity of the tasks you mentioned. Also you probably won't see data stored in the pen drive from an LCD.

Then, it is not possible to implement it with 8051 micro controller. So which micro controller can I used to implement it?

Hi,
I implemented this project with ARM controller (LPC2148) and used VNC1L module for USB interface. Also used a Graphical display to display the data/files available in the USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back