Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"Bulletproof" EL-Driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

juss

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to build automotive dimmable EL-driver with data: VCC +12V, EL-Lamp 3 inch2, 330Hz, dimming range 70-160V, dimming is controlled from microcontroller by 2-10ms 5V impulses.
I have tried a few chips, but they tend to be very capricious. I have put the scheme together according to the manual, but they still break during testing. If they start to work then the wave is not what I would expect to see with oscilloscope - kind of angular and sharp-pointed, or is just a noise.

I have only 20x30mm, 7 mm height of space to use, otherwise I would use transformer scheme instead of IC.

Which manufacturer's EL-driver chips are the most resistant and bulletproof to last a decade? Assuming that they are used with -30C in the winter and can heat up to +60C in the summer, with wet and try weather, constant vibration etc.

Also is helpful if anyone know a specific diagram that is tested and bulletproof for above mentioned conditions?

Status
Not open for further replies.