Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Half-Bridge Series Resonant Circuit Simulation - Modulation/Duty Cycle Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

user92

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everyone,

I am an EE student and am building a half-bridge series resonant circuit (induction cooker) as a project. I have been looking at a lot of the material available in books and research papers etc and I have a circuit example from a power electronics book that I can use in PSPICE.

My question is about varying the pulse width (Switch 1 - on time, Switch 1 off, Switch 1 - on time etc) to create a near sinusoid current output. I can use PSPICE but am by no means an expert so I would like to know is it possible to implement this in PSPICE as at the moment it the switching time is constant for both switches. I have access to PSIM although I have no used it much (if its better to use this simulation software?)

Also I would be grateful if anyone could give any helpful thoughts they may have on a project like this.

Many thanks,

Happy Christmas to everyone

Thanks for the response Frank,

I was not certain of the correct terminology earlier so left it out. I looked back through my notes and seen PWM control and will implement this using PSIM now.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back