Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Simplorer PWM Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

faikelvan

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm new to Simplorer but I heard it's supposed to be a very good simulation program, so I wanted to give it a try. I'm trying to generate a sinusoidal pwm but I had a problem at the very beginning. When I try to generate a high frequency triangular carrier waveform, program acts weird and shows cramped triangles. I even tried it standalone in a blank project, but the problem persists. I attached the circuit and the simulated waveform. Triangular wave is at 30 kHz, 3V amplitude and 0 offset. R1=10K. I tried the same circuit with internal time function of the voltage source but result is the same. Anybody have the same problem? What could I possibly be doing wrong?

222.png

It was in plain sight all along. In transient parameters I should have set the minimum time step marginally smaller than the period. Once I have done that, problem went away. I feel stupid. :)

Reactions: Wei Fu

Wei Fu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.