Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5V Stepper motor 28BYJ-48

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweta25

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone,
I am using a stepper motor (5V, 28BYJ-48) and the problem is that I am unable to make the motor rotate by 1 degree...I was able to rotate it at a frequency approx 94Hz (the minimum frequency I could use to enable rotation)....I think I require a gearing mechanism but my knowledge on gearing system is very little...Can someone help me???

Most steppers have a number of poles that isn't equal to 360 but lower, for example 200. To make it rotate exactly 1 degree you need to commutate 2 coils at once and often PWM them to keep the rotor half way in between 2 poles. If you look up "micro stepping" then you should find the necessary commutation schemes for your stepper motor.

You think I should use PWM.....am little cnfused??? can't I use gearing mechanism???

Both gearing and microstepping are possible solutions to achieve higher angular resolution. I don't understand why your minmal step rate is limited to 94 Hz, by the way.

Microstepping doesn't necessarily use PWM, generally it applies sin/cos varied current to the phases. PWM is one possible way to generate it.

Microstepping doesn't necessarily use PWM, generally it applies sin/cos varied current to the phases. PWM is one possible way to generate it.
That is correct, but since PMW is far easier to generate with a microcontroller or FPGA than a sin/cos wave, it is the simplest implementation because it doesn't require any additional components.

I am unable to use microstepping..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back