Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED DIY Luminaires using Series Power LEDS and parallel Arrays on wire distribution,

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.A.(Tony)Stewart

Advanced Member level 7
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I started a blog https://www.edaboard.com/blog/1946/ of home lighting using common wall powered LEDs using unregulated, regulated and modified adjustable Laptop Chargers.

CREE 1~3W LEDs can be used in series to match the supply voltage and parallel arrays on a string of wire to distribute. Thermal runaway avoidance is satisfied but I did not discuss the relationships of low Thermal resistance , low ESR and Shockley Effect of voltage drop. from temperature rise is understood but not discussed. Feel free to add questions in the blog.

Ultimately I feel the home of the future should include centralized +/-24 or 48V distributed power for DC LED lighting, eliminations of all the little bricks we use for peripherals and many other things.

All these projects cost me very little to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.