Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"Region of operation" parameter and Vdsat

Status
Not open for further replies.

justanengineer

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey,

1) How can i add the "region of operation" parameter for any MOS in my schematic?

2) For the saturation region, Vdsat should be almost equal to Vd or it's enought that Vdsat< Vd?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

1) on the thread that you send, it's not clear how to add the region parameter to the DC operating point. when i go to the setup of each Mos i can find (id,vgs,vds,vt,vdsat and gm) but not the region.
2) For saturation region, Vds > Vdsat

1) on the thread that you send, it's not clear how to add the region parameter to the DC operating point. when i go to the setup of each Mos i can find (id,vgs,vds,vt,vdsat and gm) but not the region.

May be this depends on your ADE version. It used to work with 5.1.41 and SPECTRE.

2) For saturation region, Vds > Vdsat

You're right, sorry. Just working with BJTs I have mixed this up because for BJTs the definition is just the other way round (unfortunately).

Hi you can use CdfDump skill command.

by using this command you get a skill file

you can add the region as a parameter to the file. and add it in your .cdsinit file.

you see the region near the mos like vth and other parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back