Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Acer notebook battery pack replacings lithium cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully Kubillas

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My Acer notebook battery pack no longer charges and I am trying to replace the inside lithium batteries. I opened the battery pack and found 6 18650 3,7V, 2050mAh batteries connected in paralell/series (2 x 3 = 11,1V). The question arise as I have found in the local market only 18650 3,7V 4200mAh batteries. I would apprecite very much if you would advise me wether I can replace the former cells with the latter ones without demaging notebook or confusing charging circuit current sense.

Many thanks,

Sully.

I have been wanting to do something similar for awhile now. I just haven't taken the time.

Have you considered the dimensions of both types of batteries? Especially if you are trying to use the same packaging of the original batteries.
Also, will the new batteries come with or without solder tabs?

As long as the cells are well enough matched for 3S2P, it should live a long an happy life. Ideal life is only use from 100 to 50% charge then you get more than double lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back