Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulation of metal-oxide metal oxide metal diode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khalifa Bashier

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can someone tell me how can i simulate the quantum tunneling effect in metal oxide metal (MOM or MIM) diodes?

I am thinking about using a microwave based software like CST microwave or ADS to get the electrical fields and subsequently importing them into Matlab to calculate the current density and plot the IV- curve. Don't know if it will work.

Or is there a direct way that how can i simulate MOM or a tunnel diode which also have similar behaviour. which models should i use to simultae these diodes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Falstad's animated simulator supports a tunnel diode, with these circuits in the menu:

* I/V curve
* LC oscillator
* Relaxation oscillator

www.falstad.com/circuit

Free to download and use. Or, run it online and choose from the listed circuits.

Look in the menu for Misc. Devices > tunnel diode.

You need to have Java installed on your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.