Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spartan 6 TQG144 package DDR/DDR2 interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostInABox

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am wondering if there is any restrictions on the FPGA package if we are supposed to design a FPGA + DDR based system. Most of the designs I have seen use FPGA BGA packages when interfacing with DDR/DDR2 chips. Is there any specific constraint that says that We should not design using a FPGA TQG144( Spartan 6 ) package + DDR ?

I am wondering if there is any restrictions on the FPGA package if we are supposed to design a FPGA + DDR based system. Most of the designs I have seen use FPGA BGA packages when interfacing with DDR/DDR2 chips. Is there any specific constraint that says that We should not design using a FPGA TQG144( Spartan 6 ) package + DDR ?
See UG388, Device Family Support section. The spartan-6's in TQG144 package do not contain any MCB (Memory Controller Block). Seems a reasonably specific constraint to me. ;-)

Hi Ghost,

If you can design a memory controller then there is no constraint.. but it is not recommended if there are some time constraints associated. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back