Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HDLCompilers Verilog Error-Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

uniquadrion

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have this error below and I cant identify why. Is it because it is in not Verilog format? If it is not, how can I convert it into verilog format with the same code? It is very urgent so if you help with this, I would be very happy. For some reason the code looks gray-ish and gives and error that I cant identify.

error-51.jpg

-Thanks

Attachments

• error-5.PNG
    error-5.PNG
    102.2 KB · Views: 51

By default, ports in verilog are wires. You cannot assign to wires in an always block. You have to define it as a reg.
Change it to "output reg ResultOut"

Reactions: ads-ee

ads-ee

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
It's probably an old version of ISE so always @* will have to be changed to the old style always block with the fullvsensitivity list e.g. always @(list-of-RHS-signals)

sharath666, nice catch, but have any idea why all the code after always @ is grayed out? I don't use ISE's editor so I've never run across that behavior or have a clue why it would do that.

Well, ISE is not my editor too. But I still use ISE sometimes to test/synthesize some random piece of code. But I don't observe this graying out of code.
Maybe uniquadrion can throw some light on that..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back