Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Verilog ALU that multiplies using asterix

Status
Not open for further replies.

uniquadrion

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

I have a project that can do;
whatitdoes.PNG
It accomplishes all of this perfectly. Now I need to edit the program in a way that it multiplies 2 numbers instead of add them. I need to do this with arithmetic operator which is * symbol (verilog accepts it as I was told by my instructor) However I got stuck because my ALU doesn't use arithmetic operator so its not as simple as changing operator (it was not what i was told ) What I am trying to accomplish is that, I don't the program to add anymore, just multiply. For that All I need to change is the ALU that multiples 2 numbers (just like adding 2 numbers which my project does atm) However, wherever I checked, I couldn't find any trace of this.
this is what my ALU looks like now.
ss-1.PNG
ss-2.PNG
ss-3.PNG
ss-4.PNG

I am sure this is not even that difficult for those who are really familiar with Verilog programming however there is just little information on internet and my book about this thing I am trying to accomplish, which is converting ALU into multiplier instead of adder using asterisk. This is the schematic of my project;

sketch-2.png

Let me know if you have a question about it.

Thanks in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is my project as zipped, if anyone would like to see it. (Note it requires, spartan 3e FPGA board, VGA screen and a keyboard with pinned end to see the output of the bit file) I have those tools available to test the bit file.

Attachments

• CPU.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back