Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] BJT for startup circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

--BawA--

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a startup bias circuit for my forward converter , i need a bjt of following configurations
Vceo = 400V
Ic= 300 mA

Also this BJT should be easily available and cheap.

ahsan , could you please tell me any Diode , which can be used for rectification purpose at the secondary of forward converter. The diode specs are
50V or above
10 Ampere
Ultrafast
easily available and cost effective

In forward converter there are two diodes connected their cathodes together with one terminal of output inductor. So you can use dual diodes in one package with common cathodes.
MBR(or SBL)1660CT (16A(total),60V) is a dual schottky diode in one package. Datasheet link http://www.eicsemi.com/datasheet/MBR1660C.PDF
There is an easy relation with the part number and the ratings of the diode. You can edit part number to get higher ratings. These are easily available.

Status
Not open for further replies.