Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i am looking for rf reader module

Status
Not open for further replies.
RFID reader in post #2 at the link you gave ?

You can make such a reader yourself. It neeads a PIC with UART. Usually RFID reader sends out the tag value + checksum of the bytes it sends out and usually the last buye will be the checksum. Cheksum is calculated by XORing all the bytes except the last byte of the received data. If the value obtained by XORing all the bytes except the last checksum byte is equal to the checksum byte then the data is valid else data is corrupted. You match this valid data with the tag stored in PIC. If tag matches with any of the stored tags then you do what needs to be done.

Thanks Milan.
But i need the RFID reader module which read the tag and send it to CPU
How to interpret data it is easy, but i do not have the reader itself

Hello igeroge

Before answering your question can i know what exactly you are looking for ??

1. Is it LF, HF or UHF you are looking for to read as a tag?
2. What exactly your read range needs to be ??

There are few in TI you can look at . TRF7970( RFID and NFC chip) etc...

Hope this helps

Thank you amandu for suggestions
I have a customer, which wants to read just simple 125Khz cheap cards, to give access to setup of an industrial machine.
They used keys, but too many keys in the plant on everybody pocket.
They used keypad with password, but the password was even posted on Facebook by a guy
Now the want to distribute rfid key-fobs and keep a strict control of every person accessing the setup menu
The microchip controller, will read the rfid tag serial and send it through rs232 to the PLC. This one will permit or not setup and store the user id with date and time
Range is small, almost touch , 10 cm the most.
I do not need a high end
Just a module which have antenna incorporated and on TX output, preferably on 5VDC, and DIRTY CHEAP.

Thank you Milan
Very good site
I will buy one and try it

I have purchased earlier from Banggood.com. If you choose Free shipping then the products will come through Postal Srvice and it takes 15 to 25 days. The products are cheap and of good quality. I have a lot of Arduino and Arduino modules purchased from Banggood.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back