Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I2C Multi Master Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandu.kurapati

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to connect the two master's with one slave on the I2C Bus, the master's having the identical data each and every bit by bit and the two masters started the communication exactly same time. What happen in this movement which master wins the arbitration and on which basis the master wins the arbitration.

Can anyone explain this conflict in detail.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandu.Kurapati.

Theroretically, if both masters send with exactly identical timing, none will see a collsion and no arbitration takes place.

Practically this won't ever happen.

Hi,

My another doubt is, on the I2C bus two masters are operating with different baud rates, one with 100 kbps and other one with 400 kbps. At this situation which one wins the arbitration higher order baud rate master or lower order baud rate master and why? clock cycles of the higher order baud rate master is more when compared with the lower order baud rate master is it any effect on the I2C bus?

Can any one explain about this conflict.

Thanks & Regards,
Chandu.Kurapati.

Status
Not open for further replies.