Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Canny Edge Detector in XSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick123

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Can somebody provide A Model [.mdl file] of 'Canny Edge Detector' fully made in Xilinx System Generator.

I have one model ie. made of only Xilinx Blocksets,somehow working properly,but is needed to be verified or checked by some expert.

those who are interested to help Only they are requested to post into this thread.

Thank you.

Ever wonder why you haven't received any responses? Here let me fill you in on why I wouldn't help even if I had the .mdl file you wanted.

Can somebody provide A Model [.mdl file] of 'Canny Edge Detector' fully made in Xilinx System Generator.
If someone worked on something non-trivial like this, it was likely:
1) for the company they work for (they don't own it, so can't give it to you),
2) they spent a lot of time on it and they don't feel like giving it away,
3) they don't believe in "open source" and want to keep it proprietary (their call they created it).

You're best bet would be to search for any published papers IEEE, thesis papers, etc and contact the author for their implementation (if they would be willing to give it to you, see 2).

nick123 said:
I have one model ie. made of only Xilinx Blocksets,somehow working properly,but is needed to be verified or checked by some expert.
Then hire a consultant or post it here an then maybe someone might be willing to spend some time looking at it. (nobody is going to look at something you never post in the first place ;-))

those who are interested to help Only they are requested to post into this thread.
This is the statement is very irritating and basically if I had a 'Canny Edge Detector' model I wouldn't have given it to you, because of this somewhat rude statement.

Thank you.
Being polite at the end doesn't make up for the previous statement. I'm sure that statement was targeted to one individual in particular. Not to worry, I doubt that person even sees posts by you as they've managed to create a blacklist of forum users, so they don't even have to see posts from those users.

Ever wonder why you haven't received any responses?
May be because anyone in here actually doesn’t have and also I made that clear already that those who are interested to help Only they are requested to post into this thread. And I think nobody is interested that’s why no one posted anything. That’s a good thing right..

- - - Updated - - -

If someone worked on something non-trivial like this, it was likely:
1) for the company they work for (they don't own it, so can't give it to you),
2) they spent a lot of time on it and they don't feel like giving it away,
3) they don't believe in "open source" and want to keep it proprietary (their call they created it).
Very informative I must say! But Same answer, if you are interested to provide it

- - - Updated - - -

Then hire a consultant or post it here an then maybe someone might be willing to spend some time looking at it. (nobody is going to look at something you never post in the first place ;-))
Many people help here for free…even you helped 455 times…did they hired you,or this forum have hired for providing assistance here.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the statement is very irritating and basically if I had a 'Canny Edge Detector' model I wouldn't have given it to you, because of this somewhat rude statement.

I don’t know why you find this statement irritating. It was a simple request and seriously I didn't mean to be rude here.

- - - Updated - - -

Being polite at the end doesn't make up for the previous statement. I'm sure that statement was targeted to one individual in particular.

Yeah..here I think you got me right. but not to one individual but for individuals.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to worry, I doubt that person even sees posts by you as they've managed to create a blacklist of forum users, so they don't even have to see posts from those users.
I don’t care!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Last but not the least I don’t understand.. Oh, for crying out loud, why.. why you wasted your prestigious time and mine too..but I tell you what ..its ok..because I GOT YOU POINT. :) :) :)

I GOT YOU POINT. :) :) :)

Obviously not.

My point was don't ask for code, without justifying why you deserve the code. The majority of Advanced members don't consider this forum to be a clearing house of IP (I can't say all of them as I don't know that).

Many junior members come onto this forum as a lazy method of getting something they don't want to put any effort into looking at on their own. If you are too lazy to look for yourself then why should another forum member look for you? If you've looked and are coming up empty handed then say so, and then back it up with relevant links/search terms.

Also asking for something that is non-trivial that may even require paying for a specification to implement, isn't necessarily going to work out for you. You might also be requesting that someone violate copyright laws or proprietary information. If it's not publicly available, then it's not likely that someone can just give you a design.

Yeah people on here can be helpful, including me, but I only help those that deserve it...by showing they want to learn, are open to criticism, take good advice, and show they aren't an edaboard leech. We already have more than enough edaboard leeches sucking the life out of the board. So don't make yourself a leech too.

Don't worry, I won't be responding to any more of your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back