Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Configure the read speed of RFID reader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grit_fire

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I wonder if the read speed of RFID readers is adjustable? More specifically, for RFID reader and tags with EPC Gen 2 protocol, the reader is supposed to read one tag at a time based on TDMA mechanism to avoid collision. In this case, can I configure the reader/tag so that the reader's speed can be set to e.g. read one tag every 1 ms? What is this spec called? I read some data sheet of RFID readers but they don't discuss such a thing.

Thank you very much in advance!

i dont know answer of your question .
i also need help . just i want to acknowledge RFID reader for connections.
i mean i want to send command to rfid to check if it is connected with my controller.

Hi all,

I wonder if the read speed of RFID readers is adjustable? More specifically, for RFID reader and tags with EPC Gen 2 protocol, the reader is supposed to read one tag at a time based on TDMA mechanism to avoid collision. In this case, can I configure the reader/tag so that the reader's speed can be set to e.g. read one tag every 1 ms? What is this spec called? I read some data sheet of RFID readers but they don't discuss such a thing.

Thank you very much in advance!

I worked on NFC which works on IEC 14443 protocol and uses 13.56MHz.

Hardware used was MSP430 and used TRF7970 as RF chips. I could program that it can read upto 16 tags . But we can still program and set it according to our requirements.

Datasheet for the chip you are using as RF communication should help..

Maximum read speed is restricted by the EPC Gen 2 protocol which you may want to study. From my limited knowledge of EPC, 1 ms seems unrealistic at first sight, at least several ms are needed I believe.

Nevertheless I see several readers that have a programmable read rate respectively a read trigger input.

what if i want to check rfid is connected with my controller or not ?

I believe any reader will have some status, hardware version or similar read commands that will clearly show the connection status. Obviously you have to refer to your specfic reader documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back