Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transition from EDA company to Design Company

Status
Not open for further replies.

limitless_21

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I have this question in my mind that how to switch your job from EDA domain to Design Domain. I am working with EDA domain for the last 3.9 years and it is really getting tougher for me to join up any design house where i can actually work with on the design and on different technologies.
The design companies ask you real time design issues and thats what makes me rejected from the interview whenever i am facing with the design team. The EDA background only helps you in learning about the tool and its features, whereas in design house - what all it takes for the designer to do a particular function defines your path to how you will be using the tool.
I need some guidance and advice both on this how to make the transition happen ?

Regards
Limitless_21

You need to learn how to design a circuit and how not to design a circuit. The best way to do that is design stuff, and find out the hard way that something doesn't work (expensive) or start looking at other designs, preferably ones that are done well (most of the stuff you'll find online are really bad to barely okay designs) and learn from people who know what they are doing. If you can't do that then get some books on circuit/digital design.

You could also browse the forum for posts from the long time members with >>1000's of posts with >>1000's helped. Many of them have given sound design advice to other queries, learn those tidbits and you'll probably be ahead of many engineers that are interviewing alongside you.

Last edited:
Thanks Ad-see

The basic question comes on the fact that as the experience is also increasing with the number of years passing by, the expectations from the designers who interviewed me are also increasing at the same rate.....Though i will be just a fresher level in design, but they do not get justified on it.
I am trying for last like one and a half year to get into a design house and all in vain, because then the designers also get specific on the tools i have used so far in my career.....most design houses are working on Synopsys tool set, whereas i have completely worked on the Cadence tool set. That is also becoming a hindrance for my growth.

You need to learn how to design a circuit and how not to design a circuit. The best way to do that is design stuff, and find out the hard way that something doesn't work (expensive) or start looking at other designs, preferably ones that are done well (most of the stuff you'll find online are really bad to barely okay designs) and learn from people who know what they are doing. If you can't do that then get some books on circuit/digital design.

You could also browse the forum for posts from the long time members with >>1000's of posts with >>1000's helped. Many of them have given sound design advice to other queries, learn those tidbits and you'll probably be ahead of many engineers that are interviewing alongside you.

Good one ads-ee. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back