Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stepper motor driver with L293D

Status
Not open for further replies.

anboli

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Im also connected the 4-wire bipolar motor with L293D driver. I tied all the 4inputs to the ground, and its corresponding output are all shown as Low. While im interfacing the motor with the IC, it got burnt. I dont know why it is happening. Two Ics were burnt. Please clarify me to solve the issue, and please help me to run the bipolar stepper motor.

And i doesnt have any specification for the motor, so i simple given to 24V to drive the motor. and IC operating voltage is 5V.
L293D with motor.png

Regards,
Anboli.C

Hi,

could you please write the pin numbers to the pins.
My datasheed has no VS.

Klaus

Hi,

This picture also shows no VS pin.But your schematic.
How could we check correct connection?

Klaus

Hi,

This picture also shows no VS pin.But your schematic.
How could we check correct connection?

Klaus

VS is a supply voltage to the IC. In the datasheet it shows as VCC1. I given to 5V..

Hi,

are you sure you don´t mix up those two VCC pins.
Without pin numbers we can´t check this.

If you only provide information that is in the datasheet we are not able to check what YOU really connected.
You keep your used pin numbers still as a secret.

No info, no answer.

Klaus

this was the pin number and pin details of the IC L293
E1 - 1 VS - 16
I1 - 2 I4 - 15
O1 - 3 O4 - 14
GND - 4 GND - 13
GND - 5 GND - 12
O2 - 6 O3 - 11
I2 - 7 I3 - 10
VC - 8 E2 - 9

If this circuit is not clarified, please give some other circuit for to drive the Bipolar stepper motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back