Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18F452. Not able to verify and program device using pickit2 clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suhas Anand

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello. I am using the pic along with mikroC and pickit2 software. I get an error every time i try to write into the controller. pickit2_prob.JPG

Hi,

Could be a couple of things causing your problem.

Have you successfully programmed any chip with your clone ?

How long are the wires from the Pk2 Output socket to the target chip, more than 150 mm may cause problems.

Where is your 452 chip, in a programming ic socket, in a breadboard or in a working circuit ?
If a breadboard, try wiring up a simple ic socket instead.
If in a circuit is anything else connected to the 5 programming lines other than the Pk2, that means any capacitors as well ?

Yes i have been using the same IC and clone for a while and everything was working fine. I was using it in a programming ic socket. Until recently i used icsp circuit. Thats when i landed into problem. Now I'm not able to program thru the socket also.

Try "Tools" - "Use VPP first program entry" and retry to see if it helps.

Hi,

You did not say what length your output wires are and if you have tried very short ones.

Also , as Veketti mentions, try the V2.61 Tools and run the Troubleshooting tests to check the voltages and signals to the actual pic pins; though just because the slow test signals get though does not mean that high speed programming pulses will work with long leads or bad connections.

Whos clone have you got, a bought one or a diy build ?

Try "Tools" - "Use VPP first program entry" and retry to see if it helps.

Tried dint help.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

You did not say what length your output wires are and if you have tried very short ones.

Also , as Veketti mentions, try the V2.61 Tools and run the Troubleshooting tests to check the voltages and signals to the actual pic pins; though just because the slow test signals get though does not mean that high speed programming pulses will work with long leads or bad connections.

Whos clone have you got, a bought one or a diy build ?

Length is around 10inch. I know its too much but I mentioned that I'm using the inbuilt programmer ic socket that is provided. So its not working either way.

Hi,

Did you try the Tools TroubleShooting with a voltmeter and get correct readings.

Have you tried Reading the 452, does it return any signs of actual data having being written in the first few bytes.

If your programming socket is inbuilt then I would suspect you have a faulty chip or something has gone wrong with the programmer itself.

Assuming thats you only chip can only suggest you get another pic chip and see if that works before doing anything to the programmer, is it hand wired or pcb ?

Yes i tried the troubleshooter. It displayed correct values with the socket. And dint work for the icsp circuit. I can read the pic. I guess the chip is faulty. Right now i dont have another pic to test.

Status
Not open for further replies.