Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help is there any cheap wireless method then RF for short distance??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathi saiprathap reddy

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to develop a project to transfer the data with very less cost. suggest me to select the cheap and short distance communication method. i tried RF 433 Mhz modules but i want to to use above 500 transmitters at different place to transfer the data for movable receiver. help me to choose the which technology ??

BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) modules can be had at a very low price (~US$25). I've been working with the BLE112 and BLE113 from Bluegiga, and I've been fairly happy with the results (just don't expect a high data rate).

It is hard to beat cheap 433 MHz RF-modules in cost, < $1/each.
Should it also be non RF technology do only sound and light remains as transceiver technologies.
IR-diodes of type used for TV remotes have similar cost but is limited to optical sight between transmitter and receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back