Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power consumption of Controller (and circuit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adeel.sid

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In my circuit, there are two main components: 1- Pic628A and 2- Bluetooth module
BT power consumption is 7mW (tx) and controller datasheet says 800mW
Three transistors are also connect LED to controller.
the circuit will work on demand so i put switch to on when needed.
It is expected to used it for 3hr a day
What battery capacity will be required in mAhr?
Can anyone suggest nano/micro power controller? (4 I/Os and UART are enough)

Regards

Hi,

You need to check your calculations.

First , what voltage are you running the 628 and BT module at.

Are you intending to run direct from a battery or via a regulator, if so what type ?

Would be interesting to have a link to that BT model datasheet and also know if you are constantly transmitting or receiving for that 3 hours of use.

Look at page 1 of the 628s datasheet and you will see it uses micro amps , not 800mw A = W/V =.8/5 = 160ma

My concern would be the current draw from the LED, what is its function , duration and current ?

Because the 628 is, or can be made to run at low power compared to the led and BT module I would not think it worthwhile trying to use a Xteme low power chip.

You are reporting PIC16F628A absolute maximum ratings as power consumption. I presume, you didn't understand the meaning of this datasheet paragraph. Actual power consumption must be calculated according to the DC Characteristics section.

Status
Not open for further replies.