Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[AVR] How to program AVR uCs without Arduino IDE but using Arduino as ISP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pero2912

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
So, basically I need very fast solution cause I have no time to wait for real programmer, as USBtiny. I have Arduino Duemillanove and I know I can use it as an ISP. I already used it to burn the arduino bootloader on my Atmega8.

The problem is, I have a source code in c++ that needs to end up on Atmega8. Normally, I'd use an Arduino IDE and ISP funcionality, but it doesn't work - for some reason Arduino IDE doesn't compile my c-code. The code has some old avr/eeprom.h library that contains functions which ArduinoIDE doesn't recognize. I was thinking of using WinAVR for compiling and avrdude and Arduino to program it. Does anyone think that could work? Did anyone had some experience with it?

Best regards,

Pero

Status
Not open for further replies.