Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Planar near-field data from antenna in CST MWS 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

kviksand81

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I've set up a pyramidal horn in CST MWS 2014 with the following properties:

Directivity: ~20dBi

Design frequency: 10 GHz

Waveguide measurements is standard EIA WR-90 x-band.

I've simulated this with a E-field monitor and a farfield monitor and the plots for the farfield has good agreement with what was expected from the analysis and design phase carried out before setting up the simulation. Therefore, I assume that the simulation setup is basically ok.

The next thing I would like to do, but can't figure out how to do, is to obtain the E-field components in a x-y plane 3-5 wavelengths in front of the horn-aperture. If the z-direction is the direction of propagation, this coordinate should remain fixed and the E-field components in the x-y plane obtained, preferably with a customized sampling distance.

I've consulted the "help" system and checked CST homepage for hints and clues, but haven't found a method to do exactly this.

The data obtained from this, should be exported as a *.txt file, but this operation does not seem to pose a challenge as far as I know from my investigations of the post-processing tab.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,

The kind people at CST Support has provided me with the following solution, which I share here in case others may find it useful:

Planar NF data 1.jpg
Planar NF data 2.jpg

Remember to expand boundaries to hold the 2D-Field Monitor inside the box...

Best Regards,

View attachment Exporting 2D-Field Data.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back