Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to add offset voltage to the circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
opamp add offset

The filter chip I used is UAF42 from TI.
But if I add offset voltage to the circuit before the filter, the voltage going into the filter will become 0-5V. Can the filter able to filtering out the unwanted signals?

simple voltage offset circuits

If the overall LP gain of filter is 0dB or 1 I see no problem, only offset problems may occur.

Added later:
Gain of UAF42 filter is 0dB. So you can change R14 to 12.5kΩ and connect pin 2 of R14 to +15V via 50kΩ resistor and filter output will have +2.5V offset. You may change R14 and additional resistor as appropriate.

tofinhk

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
add offset adc

Thank you Border, your method works and helped me to solve the problem.
Also thanks to others who helped me.

Re: offset voltage circuit

the AC Signal is not blocked by the cap... only the DC component is blocked... If you need a large frequency range biasing circuit (from DC to AC) is better to use an OP amp, a voltage refference and 3 resistors to make your biasing circuit... if you need a schematic please drop me a PM,

hope this helps,
//a

Can you please provide the schematics to me? I need to offset -2V to 0V?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back