Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Career guidance in VLSI having some experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

alokkmr18

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I joined a start-up after my B.Tech in ECE as a verification engineer trainee. I want to get an MS in system on chip (SOC) or computer engineering after 2 years of experience. Is this a good decision or should I continue with my job? Why?

A higher education is always useful and will only add value to your career(both technically and financially) . In the meanwhile it is good that you have landed with a startup. You will actually get an opportunity to learn something which you will not find with an established company..So make the best of these 2 years..

You can study your MS 'part time' online, Open University or other REPUTABLE Universities offer this option.
It's a lot of work but perfectly doable with the right commitment.

Expect it to take ~3 years, that's 2 years study with about 9-12 month dissertation.

hello sharath66

thnkx for ur valuable suggestion , can you give more information about vlsi .. so i will go for master in specific vlsi area after 2 year because itself in vlsi , there is so many field like frontend (FPGA design ,ASIC Design and verification engineer) and backend (STA,Physical design).
so, it will help me to choose specific area for my masters OR SOC (system on chip ) or computer engineering is fine

right now my work involves verilog,system verilog .

:) :)

All fields in VLSI are equally interesting. Front or back end doesn't matter...You will need to find out the exact details of the course you are opting for..
As far as I know there is nothing like SOC..
Computer engineering is a different field..Again, the exact subjects you study you will have to find out the course contents...

Status
Not open for further replies.