Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sine Wave Generation on an FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christian Chetcuti

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to generate a sine wave on my fpga whose output would then be observed through a pmod dac with 2 12-bit d/a outputs. I tried using the dds available in xilinx but whenever i test the behavioural simulation, I end up with undefined signals.

Can someone provide me with a step by step guide on how to achieve this ? I've read a lot of tutorials but couldn't help me much.

Without more information about your project it's impossible to tell you what's wrong. If you are getting error messages about 'undefined signals' you should first look at those signals and see what's wrong. Maybe you've got a bad port mapping, there's no way to tell.

is it possible to provide a guide on how to generate a simple sine wave ? using a system clock of 100Mhz

The DDS is pretty simple. If you want simpler, just use a lookup table.

You could use a lookup table with just a quarter of the complete sine, or you could use linear interpolation for the same quarter. for the interpolation, you could save just the "m" and "b" parameters of the "y=mx+b" equation

Status
Not open for further replies.