Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect two pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

www111

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I have to connect the reset pin (PE_WAKE_N) form intel i211 to pin (PMC_WAKE_PCIE) on intel atom e38xx.

PE_WAKE_N -> Tri-State is a bi-directional, tri-state input/output pin. (3.3V referenced)
PMC_WAKE_PCIE -> Input (1.8V referenced)

Question:
It is enough to connect 4.7k pullup to 1.8V or do I need a level translator with 1 Nmos , gate pullup 100k to 3.3V and source pulldown 100k to gnd?
PE_WAkE_n controls PMC_wake_pcie both are active low.

Best Regards

i recommend to use Bidrectional/Unidirectional level shifter using discrete or IC for doing this. don't use just voltage divider....

i recommend to use Bidrectional/Unidirectional level shifter using discrete or IC for doing this. don't use just voltage divider....

just voltage driver? , this means only the pullup?

I thin i can use this SN74AUP1T17

Best regards

i said to use level shifter IC. not voltage divider. SN74AUP1T17 is OK.

See
**broken link removed**

if need cheaper solutions, Generally any Open drain Buffer with IC's VCC allows 3.3V will work. like 74AUP1G07 any 1G07 variant.... 74AUP1T45 has birectional capability .........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back